This recipe comes from Suma member Emma. She has been experimenting with grain-free bread lately and has been following a paleo diet since July. But after all this time, Emma started to miss bread from her life! It’s very easy to make… takes about five minutes from start to finish!
This recipe makes two individual grain-free mini loaves. Oil two microwavable 3″ containers, they must be around 4″ tall.
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (or other nuts)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Roughly bash the sunflower seeds with a rolling pin, but not too much as we some of them still in tact to add a nice texture to the bread. Lightly toast them in a non stick pan until browned.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk the eggs and olive oil together then add them to the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Divide the mixture between your two microwavable containers. Cook one at a time in the microwave on high for 1 min 30 seconds. If still a little wet on top, add another 10 seconds to the time.
- Each loaf will provide around 5 small slices for you to enjoy as you would any other bread! Store in an airtight container.
The recipe is based on this recipe and has been adapted a little.