For the veg
- 4-6 spring onions
- 1 small bunch sprouting broccoli
- 1 courgette
- 1 large handful of mangetout or snap peas
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to season
For the drizzle
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (LJ350)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (GH117)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup (LJ099)
- 1 juicy lime
- 2 tbsp sriracha hot sauce (optional)
To serve (optional)
- Coconut flakes (NU029)
- Roasted salted peanuts (NU170)
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh lime wedges
Rice noodles or rice to serve.
- Preheat your to 180ºc (gas mark 5). Rinse, dry and trim the broccoli and mangetout / snap peas and spring onions. You can leave the spring onions whole or cut them in half. Rinse the courgette and cut it into long, thin strips.
- Place all the veggies onto a large baking tray, drizzle with the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the tray in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are cooked and slightly caramelised but still retain some bite.
- While the veggies are roasting make your satay sauce. Begin by combining the coconut milk and peanut butter, whisk until well combined and add the remaining sauce ingredients. Add the sriracha if you want a bit of heat. Continue to whisk until you have a nice creamy consistency.
- Remove the veggies from the oven and assemble your bowl. Begin with your rice or noodles, add the veggies and spoon over the satay sauce. Top with fresh coriander, coconut flakes, crushed peanuts and a wedge of lime.
Thank you to Melanie Hadida of Spice & Green for this recipe.