I’ve been cooking these fritters for Suma workers for years but not on a regular basis as making over 200 of them at a time is a labour of love!
- 1 tin Suma Organic Sweetcorn (LJ146)
- 1 free range egg (omit for vegans)
- 1/4 teaspoon Suma Organic Ground Cumin (HE376)
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped onion
- 50g gram flour
- 25g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tablespoons milk (can use soya for vegans)
- Pinch salt (optional)
- Suma Organic Sunflower Oil (GT080) for frying
- Blitz the drained sweetcorn with a hand blender, don’t overdo it as you just want to break down the kernels of corn not macerate them.
- Then using a fork beat in the egg then add the cumin and onion. Beat in the flours, baking powder and bicarb. Finally thoroughly mix in the milk/soya milk and allow the batter to stand for a few minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add dollops of the batter mix, allow to cook for 3 or 4 minutes and then turn over and fry the other side.
- Tasty with sweet chilli sauce. If I do this as a starter for a Thai meal I usually add a teaspoon of finely grated ginger and some chopped chilli. Enjoy!