- 2 red & 2 yellow peppers, deseeded & sliced
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tblsp Suma Olive Oil (GT018)
- 2 handfuls parsley, chopped (keep stalks separate)
- 2 tblsp Suma Balsamic Vinegar (KJ654)
- 2 handfuls grated vegetarian parmesan (CV143)
- 2 heaped tblsp crème fraiche
- 455g (1lb) Suma Penne (WT085)
- Salt & Pepper
- Put the peppers in a large frying pan with a little olive oil, season, cover and cook slowly for about 15 mins, until softened.
- Add the onion and cook for a further 20 mins. Then add the garlic and parsley stalks and keep moving in the pan for a couple of minutes.
- Taste, season and add balsamic vinegar and toss well. Then add one handful of grated parmesan and the crème fraiche, turn heat down to minimum while you cook pasta.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of water as per instructions. Drain in a colander, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Put the peppers, pasta and parsley leaves in a large warmed bowl, toss together, add a little of the cooking water and a few glugs of olive oil. Serve immediately sprinkled with parmesan.
This recipe is from the Suma cook book (BK082)