Home / Recipes /
Festive Chocolate Bark
Chocolate bark recipe with cranberries, goji berries and pistachio
- 2oz/56g Suma raw pistachios NU252, coarsely chopped
- 2oz/56g Suma organic dried cranberries DR325
- 2oz/56g Suma goji berries DR055
- 16oz/450g good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Line a 28cm x 45cm (11˝ x 17˝) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Firstly temper the chocolate: Using a microwave, place 3/4 of chocolate in a microwave – bowl (set aside remaining chocolate). With bowl uncovered, heat chocolate for 30 seconds at 50 percent power and then stir with a rubber spatula. Repeat, heating for 30 seconds and stirring, until almost all the chocolate in the bowl is melted, about 4 to 5 minutes. Using an instant-read thermometer, check temperature of chocolate. It should be no more than 48°C. If it hasn’t reached desired temperature, continue to heat (in 10-second bursts). Then add reserved chocolate and stir constantly until completely melted and smooth and thermometer reads 30°-32°C. Chocolate is now tempered.
- To make bark: Using a spatula, spread chocolate in an even layer, about 1/4 inch thick, on the parchment paper. Sprinkle with the nut and fruit mixture. Allow bark to cool until hard and use a sharp knife to cut into pieces. Wrap in gift boxes lined with decorative paper, or place in cellophane bags and tie with ribbon.
- You can of course use any combination of dried fruit and nuts to top your bark!
Submitted by admin on October 10, 2017 6:56 pmNo Comment