Chocolate Caramel Slices
A deliciously sweet treat, full of natural goodness and without refined sugars. You can cut this into slices and freeze if you like, to make an iced bar.
- 30g BonPom raw cacao powder
- 125g almonds
- 80g soft dates
- 3-4 tbsp melted coconut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 170g soft dates, soaked for 15 minutes then drained
- 60g coconut syrup or yacon syrup
- 2 heaped tbsp almond nut butter
- 3 tbsp BonPom cacao butter melted
- 1 tbsp lucuma powder
- 250g BonPom cacao paste
- 2 tsp coconut oil
To make the slices
- First make the base. Grind up the almonds until fine. Place in a food processor with the remaining ingredients and blend until combined. It should come together to form a dough.
- Press into the base of a 20cm x 20cm baking tin lined with nonstick baking paper. Refrigerate until set.
- To make the caramel, place dates, nut butter, coconut syrup, lucuma and cacao butter in a food processor and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Spread the filling over the base and chill to firm.
- Place the chocolate topping ingredients in a pan and warm very gently until the chocolate has melted. Pour over the filling then place in the fridge for 2 hours to set. Freeze for 30 minutes then cut into slices and serve.
Recipe by Christine Bailey for BonPom