Blood Orange & Thyme Sorbet with Maple Syrup
This cool and refreshing recipe from the Circus Gardener’s Kitchen blog is perfect for a summer’s evening. The mix of tangy citrus and piney, peppery thyme works beautifully together. This recipe would also work with ‘regular’ oranges but we think the blood orange really brings colour to the recipe.
- 750ml freshly squeezed blood orange juice (about 9 or 10 oranges)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves very finely chopped
- 150ml maple syrup
- Place the orange juice, maple syrup and chopped thyme leaves in a large jug and stir or whisk to combine. Chill in the fridge for a hour.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and churn. Once it starts to set, tip the sorbet into a freezer proof container. Cover the container with a lid and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the sorbet from the freezer and leave to stand at room temperature for around 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Steve Dent AKA The Circus Gardener’s Kitchen