For the dumplings
- 100g (3 1/2oz) self-raising flour
- 50g (2oz) vegetarian suet
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of Suma org mixed herbs (HE380) – optional
- finely chopped onions – optional
- water to mix
For the stew
- 1 large onion – chopped
- 1 large carrot – chopped
- 2 potatoes – cubed
- 75g(3oz) frozen peas
- 1 can Suma org butter beans (VF645)
- 1 can Suma org chopped tomatoes (LJ080)
- 1 tbs Suma olive oil (GT084)
- 1/2 tsp Suma org mixed herbs (HE380)
- 1 tbsp Suma org tomato puree (LJ088)
- 2 tsp vegetable bouillion powder
- 2 tsp yeast extract
- 1/2 pint water (add more if needed)
Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add water gradually to make a soft dough.
Roll into 8 balls and add to the top of
the stew about 10 mins before serving.
Fry the onion in the olive oil in a large pan, season and add herbs. Add all the other ingredients, and cook on a low heat for 30-40 minutes. Place dumplings in top of stew, put lid on and cook for a further 10mins.