These are more of a cross between a fritter and a pattie and taste great served with sour cream, salsa and guacamole.
- 1 x 400g Suma Red Kidney Beans (VF643) – drained and roughly mashed.
- 2 oz/125g wholemeal flour
- 4 oz/250g plain white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 pint/150 ml milk or soya milk
- 1/2 onion very finely chopped
- 1 fresh green chilli (seeds removed) finely chopped
- 1 tsp Suma Turmeric (HE170, HE161, or HE394)
- 1 tsp Suma Cumin (HE143 or HE376)
- 1 – 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 – 3 tbsp Suma Sunflower Oil (GT083 or GT080) for frying
- Mix the flours in a large bowl and break the eggs into the centre. Gradually mix to a smooth batter adding the milk as you go. Add all the remaining ingredients except the oil, mix well and leave to settle for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and drop dessertspoons of the mixture into the pan and fry for a few minutes on each side until gently browned.
- Serve with minted new potatoes and a green salad.
If you have a go we’d love to hear how they turn out!