Oozing with flavour, this warm salad is just as good hot or cold. Try it with some crumbled vegan cheese and crusty bread for a tasty quick supper, and don’t forget to save some for lunch tomorrow.
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp Suma olive oil
- ½ tsp Suma ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp Suma cumin seeds
- 400g tin Suma chickpeas
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 4 ripe vine tomatoes, approx. 150g
- sea salt flakes to taste
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- large bunch fresh flat leaf parsley approx.100g
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/gas 7/425ºF. Trim the cauliflower and divide into small florets. Pour the oil into a large bowl, add the cinnamon and cumin seeds, and stir or whisk
to until blended. Tip in the prepared cauliflower and coat with the spice mix.
- Pour the contents of the bowl into a small oven tray (I mostly use a disposable foil baking tray measuring 30 x 20cm /12 x 8 inches) and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Don’t wash the bowl you’ve been using just yet.
- Add the chickpeas and then the harissa to this bowl, tasting it first to see if you want both tablespoonfuls, and, at the risk of being repetitive, toss to coat. Quarter the tomatoes and add them to the bowl, and shake or stir to mix.
- When the cauliflower has had its 15 minutes, remove the tray, quickly tip the chickpeas and tomatoes over the cauliflower, and toss to combine before returning to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- When it’s ready, remove from the oven and sprinkle the salt over the vegetables, then (and this isn’t the last time) toss to combine with half the pomegranate seeds before dividing between two bowls. Divide the parsley leaves – no need to chop them – between the two bowls and toss to mix. Scatter with the remaining pomegranate seeds.
- Storage Tip: Cool leftovers, then cover and refrigerate within 2 hours of making. Will keep in fridge for up to 2 days. Serve cold.