If you love dark chocolate brownies, then this white chocolate version is right up your street. These blondies, perfect for summer picnics, are speckled with fresh raspberries, giving your bake a fruity twist. The sweetness of the chocolate paired with the sharpness of the raspberries really works. For extra indulgence, drizzle single cream over before serving.
- 125g white chocolate
- 100g butter
- 3 large eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 130g fresh raspberries
- 100g white chocolate roughly chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4).
- Grease and line a 9’’ square baking tin with parchment paper.
- Place some warm water in the base of a saucepan and place on a low heat. Place a pyrex bowl over the top of the pan, ensuring the base does not touch the water. Add the first amount of white chocolate and the butter to the bowl and melt slowly and gently.
- In a separate bowl place the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract and whisk well until thick and fluffy, and pale in colour. Add the melted butter/chocolate mix and whisk again. Sieve the flour into the bowl and mix until well combined. Stir in the chopped chocolate pieces and then pour into the lined baking tin.
- Push the raspberries half way into the mix scattered evenly across the tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 25 mins or until just firm.
- Cool on a cooling rack before cutting into 16 squares. Store in an airtight container.