Veggie Haggis and Chutney Bites
Makes about 10 canapés
Suitable for vegans
Simple but tasty vegan canapés using ready-made vegetarian haggis.
- 227g vegetarian haggis (that’s 2 portions from a pack of six Macsween haggis CV385)
- A little plain flour
- Your favourite chutney (we like African Kitchen KJ509)
- Preheat your oven to gas mark 6 (200ºc). Cook your haggis according to the packet instructions, then leave it until it’s cool enough to handle.
- Take a small amount of your haggis mixture and shape it into a disc type shape, so you can put some chutney on top later. Using a little flour when you do this will help prevent the haggis sticking to your hands and work surface.
- Bake your haggis pieces on a greased baking tray for 10-15 minutes until they are dry and firm on the surface.
- Once the cooked haggis pieces are cool, spoon a small amount of the chutney onto the top of each one. If you like, you can put a cocktail stick through the top when you serve them to make them easier to handle.