Vegan Chocolate, Olive Oil & Smoked Sea Salt Sorbet
- 180 g vegan chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 50 g organic cocoa powder
- 150 ml brown rice syrup
- 40 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked sea salt
- 1 tsp organic vanilla essence
- pinch smoked sea salt
- Place the cocoa powder in a saucepan and add the brown rice syrup and 50 ml water. Place over a low heat and whisk to combine, making sure there are no lumps of cocoa. Bring the mixture to a simmer then remove from the heat and whisk in the pieces of chocolate, followed by the olive oil and vanilla essence and a further 150 ml of cold water. Whisk together a smooth, glossy consistency.
- Leave the mixture to cool to room temperature. Pour into an ice cream maker and churn. As soon as the sorbet is starting to set, add the smoked salt crystals. Once these have been incorporated, tip the sorbet into a freezer proof container. Cover the container with a lid and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the sorbet from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. If you wish, serve it with a little drizzle of little olive oil and a few smoked sea salt flakes
Recipe & photo from Steve Dent AKA The Circus Gardener’s Kitchen