Home / Recipes / Quinoa, Feta and Spinach Salad
Quinoa, Feta and Spinach Salad
- 200g Suma Organic Quinoa (QS189)
- 2 tablespoons Suma Organic Italian Olive Oil (GT017)
- 2 tablespoons Suma Organic White Balsamic Vinegar (KJ655)
- 2 teaspoons Suma Organic Ground Cumin (HE376)
- 1 clove garlic – crushed or finely chopped
- 200g Feta cubed
- 1/2 cucumber finely diced
- 150g baby spinach
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- 100g Suma Organic Walnuts (NU104)
- A handful of pitted kalamata olives
- Begin by preparing and cooking the quinoa – If you have time soak the quinoa in cold water for 15 mins, if short of time use hot water for 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse, add to the saucepan with 450ml of cold water, cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a low temperature and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Take the pan from the heat and allow to settle for 5 minutes and then fluff up the quinoa with a fork.
- Toast the walnuts on a baking sheet in a hot oven for 5 minutes.
- Place the quinoa in a salad bowl.
- Add the oil, balsamic vinegar, cumin and garlic. Toss well.
- Stir in the feta, cucumber, spinach and spring onions.
- You may want to add a little more white balsamic or oil.
- Finally scatter with the walnuts and olives.