The parents of Suma member Paul recently went on a family visit to Ireland. His mum’s cousin Jim was pleased to hear Paul is working at a cooperative, and doubly so when he found out it was Suma. For some time now Jim’s wife Liliana, who is Italian, has been making a pasta sauce with the essential ingredient being Suma organic chopped tomatoes. Liliana insists that no other tomatoes will do. We agree with Liliana; we think our organic chopped tomatoes are the best!
- 2 tins Suma organic chopped tomatoes (LJ080)
- 2 tablespoons Suma organic olive oil (GT017)
- 1 teaspoon Suma organic mixed herbs (HE380)
- 4 large organic peppers (mixed colours)
- 1 medium organic onion
- 1 clove organic garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- heat oil slowly in a 3 pint saucepan
- add the chopped onion and chopped garlic, fry gently, do not allow to brown
- wash the peppers, remove seeds, cut into quarters then into 1 inch squares
- add peppers to the onion and garlic and cook gently for 10 minutes
- add tinned tomatoes
- put the lid on the saucepan and cook gently until the peppers are soften to your liking
- season with salt and pepper to taste
Serve with one of the wonderful pastas available from Suma. Visit www.sumawholesale.com and search for ‘pasta’.