This recipe is taken from Suma’s 1986 cookbook – good food never goes out of fashion!
- 125g (4oz) Wholemeal flour
- 2 tbsp Suma Organic Peanut Butter crunchy variety (GH022, GH047, GH256, GH248)
- 1 tbsp Margarine
- 2 tbsp Muscovado sugar
- 2 tbsp Suma Vine Fruit Mix (DR119, DR365)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Suma Baking Powder (HE225)
- Cream the margarine, peanut butter and sugar together and add the beaten egg. Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients and the fruit. Divide into 20 pieces, roll into balls and press onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes in a medium oven.
- The sugar and/or dried fruit in this recipe are optional – if you choose to use it the dried fruit will act as a sweetener by itself.