Crunchy and Chocolatey Florentines
These melt-in-the-mouth oaty florentines, crunchy, fruity chocolate-covered lacy webs of oaty goodness are the perfect Easter treat and is a really easy to make recipe. We’ve provided a vegan-friendly recipe option too.
Will keep for a week in an airtight container
Ingredients for the Oaty Florentines
How to make the Florentines:
- Preheat oven to 180 °C / 170°C Fan / Gas 4.
- Melt the butter and sugar together in a saucepan over a low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream or syrup.
- Mix in the flour and stir until the mixture is smooth. Add your choice of fruit, nuts (optional) and cherries and mix well.
Add a few more oats if it feels too runny.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and dollop small amounts of the mixture onto the tray with a spoon, spacing them well apart as they will spread during cooking. Aim for 5 – 6 per tray. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown. Allow them to cool for around 5 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Gently melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water. Either spread the melted chocolate onto the back of each biscuit with a teaspoon or brush, or dip them halfway into the melted chocolate. Place them back on the cooling rack until the chocolate has set. You can make a wavy pattern in the chocolate with a fork before it is fully set if you like.
- The Oaty Florentines will keep for a week in an airtight container in a cool place.
You’ll find this Oaty Florentines recipe from former Suma member Debbie on page six of our Suma Sweet Treats cookbook. You can order the free Sweet (BK003) and Savoury (BK006) booklets from the Suma wholesale website.
Check out some more Suma recipes over here