Mushroom & Sage Crostini
Makes about 10 canapés
Suitable for vegans
These canapés are quick and easy to prepare and are ideal for a dinner or cocktail party. The deep mushroom and sage flavours work beautifully together.
- An individual-sized baguette
- A clove of garlic
- Suma mushroom pâté bombe (CV401)
- 10 fresh sage leaves (one per canapé)
- Olive oil
- Firstly cut your baguette into thin slices- about 1cm thick- then cut each of your slices in half so you end up with bite-sized semi-circles.
- Cut your garlic clove in half then rub the top of each piece of bread with it to give it a lovely garlic flavour. Brush the bread with a little olive oil on both sides then place under the grill, lightly toasting each side.
- Meanwhile, brush your sage leaves with oil and fry them very gently in a pan until they are slightly softened- this will only take one or two minutes.
- Spread the mushroom pâté over your bread slices and top each piece with a fried sage leaf. Finish off with a minute or two under the grill.