Mille Feuille classic sweet pastry slice
Although decadent, this impressive sweet slice isn’t as difficult to make as it looks. Created by sandwiching delicious peaches, fruit spread and whipped double cream between crisp puff pastry layers, this recipe is a beautiful blend of flavours and textures. Perfected matched with a coffee and friends.
- 2 sheets puff pastry ready rolled
- 1 jar four fruits jam
- 800g sliced peaches or fresh fruit of choice
- 600ml double cream
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (gas mark 7). Roll out the pastry on to two greased baking sheets and prick all over with a fork.
- Chill for 30 mins, then place in the centre of the preheated oven and bake for approximately 10 mins or until a light golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely on a cooling rack. Place one of the pastry sheets face down on a serving plate and squash down to flatten it a little. Spread generously with jam and then arrange the fruit in an even layer on top. Whip the cream in a large mixing bowl until thickened and spread generously over the fruit.
- Place the second layer of pastry on top and lightly push down into the cream. Dust with icing sugar and chill before serving.