Lemon and Mint Halloumi
Makes about 12 canapés
This recipe makes delicious zingy and salty canapés that are bursting with flavour. You could also use them as part of a tapas selection or to add flavour to a mediterranean salad.
- A 250g packet of Halloumi
- The zest of a lemon
- The juice of half a lemon
- Three tablespoons of olive oil
- A small handful of roughly chopped mint
- Cut the halloumi into flat bite-sized chunks, about 1cm thick.
- Spread the halloumi pieces out in a flat-bottomed bowl then add the lemon zest, juice and olive oil. Leave the halloumi to marinate for a couple of hours, or overnight.
- Heat up an oiled griddle pan (a frying pan will do if you don’t have a griddle), remove your halloumi pieces from the marinade with a slotted spoon or tongs and fry for a few minutes on each side until they are browned.
- Serve the halloumi with a little of the leftover marinade drizzled over it and scattered with the mint leaves.