This recipe was kindly donated by Sheree Hatton – one of our lovely members!
- 250g Butter, At room temperature
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 250g Gluten-Free Self-Rasing Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- For the Icing: 200g Icing sugar, cocoa powder as required & 200g Butter, At room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 190C(Gas 5/375F)
- Place the butter and sugar into a bowl, Whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, Add a little flour after each one. When combined add the vanilla and the cocoa powder, stir until combined.
- Divide up into the cupcake cases, Bake for 20 minutes until golden and risen.
- When cool make the icing, place the butter and the icing sugar into a bowl, mix together with the back of a spoon until soft and light.
- Place the icing into a piping bag and decorate the cupcakes.