Fusilli with Roasted Aubergine, Goats Cheese and Parsley Pesto
- Serves 4
- 175g (6oz) Suma fusilli (WT075)
- 1 medium aubergine
- 1 red onion
- 50g (2oz) goat’s cheese
- Pine nuts (NU545) to garnish
For the pesto
- 2 1/2 tblsp Pine nuts (NU545)
- 50g (2oz) grated vegetarian parmesan (CV143)
- 3 tblsp Suma olive oil (GT018)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- a pinch of salt
- 2 handfuls of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- Slice the onion and spread out onto a baking tray. Then cut the aubergine into cubes of about 2cm and add these to the baking tray. Pour on some oil and seasoning then toss the vegetables around to coat them.
- Roast them in the oven for about 20 minutes at 200°C (gas mk 6) until browned. Meanwhile, bring the pasta to the boil then simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- To make the pesto, put the pine nuts, parmesan, olive oil, garlic and salt into a pestle and mortar and grind them up to make a paste. Add the parsley and lemon juice and bash them around some more until they are well combined. Or if you prefer, put all the ingredients in a food processor and whiz them up for a few seconds.
- Drain the cooked pasta and return it to the pan. Add your parsley pesto along with the goat’s cheese, roasted aubergine and onion and stir to combine.
- Serve the pasta garnished with pine nuts, accompanied by a salad or seasonal vegetables.
This recipe is from the Suma cook book (BK082)