- 250g (9oz) Suma fruit salad (DR070) presoaked in fruit juice or equivalent stewed fresh fruit (nuts and sultanas can be added if you like.)
- 115g (4oz) plain flour (or 1/2 flour 1/2 Suma org porridge oats FX040)
- 60g (2oz) Suma org sunflower spread (MA110)
- 60g (2oz) Suma org raw cane sugar (LJ251)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Put the flour (or flour & oats) into a bowl, and rub in the margarine until it resembles fine bread crumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Put the fruit mix into an oven proof dish and level out. Sprinkle the crumble mix evenly over the top and bake in the centre of the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with custard or soya custard
This recipe is taken from the Suma Childrens Cookbook, the delightful cookbook features wonderful illustrations by Helen Bridge, a mum and a Suma worker. All of the recipes are designed to be simple enough for children to cook themselves with an adult’s supervision. Happy cooking!