This lovely recipe was donated kindly by our of our customers – Aardvark Wholefoods. Carmarthen.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 125g raw cane sugar
- 3 tbsp demarera sugar
- 125g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the topping – banana chips, 1 cup peanut butter, 1 cup icing sugar, 75g butter.
- Gas mark 4/180 degrees C. Makes around 12 cupcakes!
- Peel your bananas, and mash in a large bowl. I used a potato masher to mash mine, but a fork would work just as well!
- When the bananas are pulp, add your sugar and give the mixture a brief whisk with an electric mixer.
- Add your dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Now you can add the liquid ingredients – as with the cacao cakes, this mixture is quite liquid, but will make for delicious, moist cakes!
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. These cakes have pulped fresh fruit in them, so they’re not going to dry out as much as a plain sponge mix would.
- Leave cakes to cool, and set to work on the icing! Mix together crunchy peanut butter, icing sugar and butter until well creamed, and then pipe on to the cooled cakes using a piping bag. Top with banana chips – and then you’re done!