We spoke to the fantastic team at Doisy & Dam who have supplied us this decadent chocolate mousse recipe. Perfect either hot or cold, and definitely to be enjoyed with friends!
Doisy & Dam have a delicious range of superfood chocolate bars with organically sourced ingredients. Each bar has no more than 8 ingredients and has a minimum of 8% superfoods within them.
To make 5 different flavoured mousses:
- 125g chocolate (KB069)
- 5 egg whites
- 30g caster sugar(LJ190)
- pinch of salt
- Allow 25g of chocolate per mousse, chop it up into little pieces and put the chocolate into separate bowls for each flavour.
- The easiest way to melt this is in 25 second bursts in the microwave, giving it a stir after each burst. It should take about a minute in total
- Take a big metal, glass or ceramic mixing bowl and weigh it. Add the egg whites to the bowl with a pinch of salt. Whisk until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar in stages and continue to whisk until it is fully combined and stiff peaks remain when the whisk is removed. Weigh the bowl again and work out how much total mixture you have so that you can divide it equally between the flavours.
- In each different bowl, add about 10g of egg white mixture and whisk vigorously to mix.
- Add the rest of the egg white and carefully fold in until it is fully combined. Dollop the mousse into small bowls or ramekins and sprinkle with any extra ingredients that you want on the top. Pop in the fridge to set.