Oatly offer a range of products that provide a delicious alternative to dairy. Here we feature a couple of recipes from Oatly to share with you; creamy mushroom risotto and a tasty mocha drink.
Oatly’s goal is to always deliver products that have maximum nutritional value and minimal environmental impact. Everything they make is based on plants; absolutely nothing has anything to do with the animal kingdom whatsoever, and absolutely no GMOs. Oatly want to make the food industry a more honest place by declaring to be totally transparent in everything they do. A couple of decades ago, Oatly looked at the nutritional power of oats and thought’ what if we forgot the cow altogether and turned these oats into a drink that was designed for humans?’ So they did. And here it is.
Everything Oatly make is from Swedish oats. What makes Swedish oats so special? They grow strong and tall in the Nordic climate, which is a crazy mix of long sunny days (and nights in the summer) mixed with short periods of intense rain. Moreover, many of the nasty pesticides that are used on oats in the rest of Europe are totally forbidden in Sweden.
Why not treat yourself to a hot cup of mocha with a little extra? A real pleasure for people who love dark chocolate and coffee. It’s easy to make. Just take 200 ml of Oatly Oat Drink Chocolate (SY045), 1-2 teaspoons instant coffee (preferably espresso- TE570 or TE561) and 1 teaspoon grated dark chocolate (or ½ teaspoon cocoa). Warm the Oat Drink. Pour into a mug and stir in the instant coffee. Sprinkle grated chocolate on top. Easy and delicious!
The risotto takes 10 minutes to prepare, 15-20 minutes to cook and using the amounts in the recipe below amkes 2 servings.
- 1 vegetable stock cube (TE570 TE561)
- 15g dried porcini mushrooms (KJ090 VF164)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (we’ve lots!)
- 1 onion, chopped (180g)
- 150g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 150g Arborio risotto rice (QS125 QS078 QS090)
- 250g carton Oatly Oat Cream Alternative (SY019)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
To make the risotto
- Dissolve the stock cube in 300ml boiling water
- Add the dried mushrooms, steep for 5-10 minutes until softened
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and chestnut mushrooms for 4-5 minutes
- Remove the dried mushrooms with a slotted spoon. Add to the pan with the risotto rice and cook for 1 minute
- Gradually add the stock and Oatly cream and cook covered for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally until the rice is tender and liquid is absorbed
- Stir in the parsley and season to taste