A beautiful, refreshing summer dessert, ideal for hot sunny days. Vegan and Gluten-free.
- 2oz/60g organic chia seed (NU120)
- 400ml organic coconut milk (LJ350)
- 300ml coconut water
- a drop of vanilla extract
- 2 mangos
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut cream (VF007)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- For decoration 2 passion fruits
- 100g physalis or other small fruit
- toasted coconut flakes (NU029)
- Place the chia seed in a medium sized bowl and add the coconut milk, coconut water and a drop of vanilla essence. Stir well, cover and allow to soak for 2-3 hours, until the chia seed have absorbed all the liquid and the mixture has a thick texture.Meanwhile, peel and chop the mangos into chunks and put in a blender along with the coconut cream and the lime juice. Blend until thick and smooth. Spoon the mango mixture evenly into the base of four small tumblers and put into the fridge to thicken.
- When the chia seed mix has finished soaking, take the tumblers of mango mix from the fridge and gently spoon the chia mix on top of the mango layer, dividing evenly across the four tumblers. Return the deserts to the fridge to chill, until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, decorate with the flesh from the two passion fruits, physalis fruit and toasted coconut flakes.