- 2 cups (250g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup (200g) golden granulated sugar
- 1 cup (220g) Demerara sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups peeled and grated carrots
- 1 cup golden sultanas
- Preheat the oven to Fan 160 degrees. Prepare the Bundt with a quick release spray.
- Add the sugars and oil to the bowl and mix. Add the eggs and mix again.
- Place the flour and spices into a bowl and whisk.
- Add the flour and spices to the liquid ingredients and mix gently.
- Add the grated carrots and sultanas and again mix gently. I love the fact my new Kitchen Aid mixer collects everything together and I had no need to scrape flour from round the sides!
- Gently pour into the Bundt pan – your mixture should be about three quarters way up the pan. Tap the tin on your work surface to remove any air pockets.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes – test with a skewer and it should come out cleanly. Leave to cool in the pan before turning out.
Decorate as you wish!
Carrot Bundt Cake was kindly submitted via Twitter by Real Food Fans.