Serves 4 (Vegan)
- 1 tblsp Suma olive oil (GT018)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 75g (3oz) mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can Suma chopped tomatoes (LJ080)
- 1 tsp Suma tomato puree (LJ088)
- 1 tsp Suma vegetable bouillon (LJ214)
- 1 tsp yeast extract
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 250g (10oz) Suma spaghetti (WT090)
- 180g chilled vegetarian soya mince
- Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft. Add the carrots and pepper and cook for 5 mins.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, tomato puree, bouillon and yeast extract and bring to the boil..You may need to add a little water.
- Add the soya mince and basil, and cook for 5 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to instructions, drain and mix through the bolognese sauce and serve.
This recipe is from the Suma cook book (BK082) and is free with any order.