- 150g(6oz) pasta spirals
- 2 tbs Suma olive oil (GT084)
- 1 small orange – segmented
- juice of a small orange
- 1 red pepper – roasted
- 100g(3 1/2oz)mange tout – thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions – finely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber – diced
- 1 tbs fresh parsley – chopped
- 1 tbs fresh mint – chopped
- 1/2 cos lettuce
- Cook the pasta in boiling water, drain and allow to cool.
- Mix the olive oil and orange juice in a bowl, season to taste. Drain the pasta and stir in dressing while still warm.
- Roast the pepper in a little olive oil for about 30 mins, until charred. Allow to cool a little, skin, deseed and cut into strips. Arrange the lettuce leaves in a dish.
- Mix all the vegetables, orange segments and herbs with the pasta and spoon on top of the lettuce.
This recipe is taken from the Suma Childrens Cookbook, the delightful cookbook features wonderful illustrations by Helen Bridge, a mum and a Suma worker. All of the recipes are designed to be simple enough for children to cook themselves with an adults supervision. Happy cooking!