- 500g (1lb 4oz) Suma White Penne (WT085)
- 5 courgettes, grated
- 2 tblsp Suma Olive Oil (GT018)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g (1lb 4oz) creme fraiche
- 25g (1oz) grated Vegetarian Parmesan (CV143)
- a small bunch of basil, save some for garnish
- 85g (4oz) ciabatta
- A handful of toasted Suma Pine Nuts (NU545)
- Heat the oven to 180°C (gas mk 4)
- Undercook the pasta slightly, reserving a ladleful of cooking water. Drain, toss with a little oil and
- Fry the courgettes in oil for about 10 mins, add garlic and onion and cook for further 2 mins. Season well and add to pasta. Stir in most of the creme fraiche and half of the parmesan, then tip into an oven proof dish. Spoon the rest of the creme fraiche on top.
- In a food processor, whizz up nearly all the basil, remaining cheese, bread & pine nuts to make pesto crumbs, and scatter over pasta. Finish with a few more pine nuts and bake for 20 mins until the top is crisp & golden. Garnish with remaining basil leaves.
This recipe is from the Suma cook book (BK082)