- 115g (4oz) plain flour
- 1 tsp Suma Baking Powder (HE225)
- 1/2 tsp Suma Bicarbonate of Soda (HE299)
- 1/2 tsp Suma Organic Ground Cinnamon (HE139)
- a pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 170g (6oz) Suma Raw Cane Sugar (LJ251)
- 115ml (4fl oz) Suma Organic Sunflower Oil (GT080)
- 170g (6oz) grated carrot
- 60g (2oz) Suma Organic Walnuts, chopped
- 115g (4oz) Suma Organic Raisins
For the frosting:
- 170g (6oz) cream cheese
- 85g (3oz) Suma Organic Icing Sugar (LJ255)
- Zest of an un-waxed lemon
- A little of the juice to mix
- Grease a 23cm/ 9in cake tin and line base with baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, and oil. Then add the grated carrots, nuts and raisins, mixing well.
- Sieve in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt, mixing well all the time.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 30-50 minutes until the cake is shrinking from the sides or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from tin and leave to cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Peel off baking parchment when cool.
- For the frosting, gently combine the icing sugar and lemon zest with the cream cheese, adding a little juice to loosen the mix. Cover the top and sides and leave in a cool place to set a little.
This recipe is from Suma Cookbook Volume 2