- 280g (10oz) Suma wholewheat penne (WT095)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 280g (10oz) broccoli florets
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 25g (1oz) plain flour
- 300ml milk
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 140g (5oz) grated cheddar
- 1 tblsp Suma olive oil (GT018)
- Cook the pasta, adding the broccoli in for the final 4-5 mins boil. Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry off the onion.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for a minute. Stir in the milk gradually, stirring continuously and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes to thicken. Stir in the mustard and half the cheese and season to taste.
- Mix the pasta, broccoli, onions and sauce and spoon into an ovenproof dish. Scatter the remaining cheese on top and place under a hot grill for 3-4 mins until golden brown.
This recipe is from the Suma cook book (BK082)