Friends and family are sure to love these delicious tofu veggie skewers. They’re quick and easy to prepare and packed with flavour. Serve with a fresh salad and crusty bread.
Sprinkling a dried seasoning mix on these grilled barbecue tofu veggie skewers before they hit the grill adds a savoury flavour that balances out the sweet sauce.
- 350g extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 courgette, thickly sliced
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 250g of Chestnut mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into 16 sq
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and cut into 12 wedges
- Skewers, soaked in water if wood
- 75ml barbecue sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley for serving
- Pat the tofu with a paper towel. Wrap with a dry paper towel and place a cast iron pan or cutting board on top to remove more liquid. Let stand for 30 minutes. Cut the tofu into cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle the spice mix on the tofu.
- Thread the tofu and vegetables onto eight skewers. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium-high heat. You can also use a griddle on the stove. If it’s not raining, pop them on the barbeque!
- Grill until the tofu and veggies have grill marks and are charred at the edges, about two minutes per side. In the last few minutes of grilling, brush the skewers with barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.