These wedges make for a delicious dinner when served with spicy beans or your veggie burger of choice!
Taking inspiration from American-style home cooking, this recipe uses Suma Pear and Apple Spread (JS200) to compliment the natural sweetness found in the sweet potatoes.
Gluten-free and suitable for vegans
- 30g Suma sunflower spread (MA053)
- 50g Suma Pear and Apple Spread (JS200)
- A good pinch of salt
- 700g sweet potatoes
- 25g pecans (NU171), coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 230ºc, Gas mark 8. Melt the sunflower spread in a pan over a gentle heat, then add the Pear and Apple Spread and the salt. Stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in to wedges and toss them in the liquid, making sure all the pieces are well coated. Tip them on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans onto the potatoes then return the tray to the oven for another five minutes.