Vegan coffee and pecan cookies
Looking for something special to go with your next cup of coffee? Or a tasty treat to take out on a picnic? The why not try this wonderful recipe for vegan coffee and pecan cookies. It’s an easy to follow recipe that won’t take much time to work through. Enjoy!
- 75g 3oz plain flour
- 50g 2oz vegan margarine
- 25g 1oz demerara sugar, or can substitute coconut blossom sugar
- 25g 1oz pecans (grated)
- 25g 1oz cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 rounded desertspoon coffee granules or powder
- 2 tablespoons soya milk
- pecan pieces
- Cream the margarine with the sugar, vanilla essence and coffee
- Work in the grated pecans and cornflour
- Add the flour and the soya milk. Mix thoroughly until a soft dough forms.
- Turn out onto a floured board and roll out to approximately 5mm/¼ inch thick
- Cut into 5.5cm/2¼inch circles with a biscuit cutter
- Gather up the remaining dough, re-roll and cut until all used up
- Put the circles onto greased baking sheet and press a pecan piece in the top of each one
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4 for 10-12 minutes until browned
- Leave cookies on baking sheet for 10 minutess before carefully transferring to a wire rack
This recipe is taken from ‘A Vegan Taste of Mexico’ by Linda Majzlik.