Home » Gluten Free, Recipes, Snacks / Side Dishes, Vegan
Suma Tomato Sauce with a Kick
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Suma Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil (GT085)
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 tin Suma Organic Chopped Tomatoes (LJ080)
- 1 small jar Suma Sun Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil & Thyme (LJ258)
- 1 tablespoon Suma Tomato Puree (LJ088)
- 1 tablespoon Suma Oak Aged Balsamic Vinegar (KJ654)
- 1/2 teaspoon fair trade sugar
- Fry the onion in the olive oil until translucent. Meanwhile drain the tomatoes and chop them finely. Save the oil. Add the red pepper to the onion and cook for a further 10 minutes until the pepper is soft.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and tomato puree and cook over a very low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the balsamic vinegar and sugar. Using a hand blender blend the sauce until fairly smooth.
- This is great on pasta topped with some vegetarian Parmesan and a salad. The oil from the tomatoes can be served with another small dish of Suma balsamic vinegar and chunks of bread to dip.
- This simple sauce goes down a storm in the Suma canteen – after some initial reservations.
Submitted by admin on June 11, 2010 4:03 pmNo Comment