Fairtrade Satay Sauce
Suitable for vegans
Always a favourite in the Suma Canteen, this peanut sauce is very tasty with all sorts of Asian dishes. Rowena, a member of our talented kitchen crew, serves it alongside Thai vegetable curry and Suma Fairtrade Basmati Rice, for a special Fairtrade Fortnight lunch.
- 4 generous tablespoons Crunchy Fairtrade Peanut Butter(GH135)
- 400- 500ml hot water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fairtrade sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Tabasco or chilli sauce to taste
- Put the peanut butter and 400ml of hot water in a small saucepan, over a low heat. Stir the mixture as it gently heats through – you may need a little more water if it gets too dry.
- Add the sugar and cider vinegar and stir again. Don’t put heat on too high, as it might turn into an erupting volcano!
- Add as much chilli sauce or Tabasco as you like. I tend to use at least 2 teaspoons, but I like it spicy!