Eureka! A healthy relationship for Suma
Eureka!, the National Children’s Museum and Suma, the UK’s largest supplier of wholefoods have joined forces to form a unique partnership which aims to inspire children to play, eat and live healthily.
The two organisations based in West Yorkshire will work together on a number of projects, including the design and installation of a new outdoor play area at Eureka! that will be launched later this year.
The partnership supports Eureka!’s focus on healthy living and play-based learning: the museum already promotes exercise and health through the touring sports exhibition Mission: Active Future and its largest indoor gallery “Me and My Body”.
The relationship with Eureka!, an educational charity, will help position Suma in the family market, showcasing the brand to the 250,000 children and families who visit the museum every year.
Director of the museum, Leigh-Anne Stradeski, said: “We are thrilled to establish a partnership with such a well-respected organisation, especially one right on our doorstep in West Yorkshire. Our relationship with Suma demonstrates our commitment to inspiring healthy lifestyles and will enhance the outdoor play area for our visitors.”
Andrew Mackintosh Suma’s PR Manager said: “At Suma we try to minimise our input on the environment and we are fiercely selective when it comes to what we sell, where it comes from and the products social, ecological and ethical provenance“.
“In the course of implementing our business plan we have involved ourselves in community and not for profit organisations such as Treesponsibility and Calder Futures. But the partnership with Eureka! which will encourage play and educate about healthy living signals a new direction of community investment and one which we are very excited and proud to be a part of”
• Suma is the UK’s largest independent wholefood wholesaler-distributor. Specialising in vegetarian, fairly traded, organic, ethical and natural products, Suma also has their own successful brand of food and non-food products
• For more information visit www.suma.co.uk or call Andrew Mackintosh on 01422 313845
• Eureka! The National Children’s Museum is a purpose-built, fully interactive children’s museum – the first, and only one of its kind and scale in the UK
• Eureka! is situated in Halifax, West Yorkshire (5 minutes from junction 24 of the M62) and is open daily from 10am to 5pm
• Eureka! attracts over 240,000 visitors from all over the UK and overseas every year
• Around 60,000 school children come to the museum every year and the museum delivers around 2,500 on-site educational workshops covering an imaginative range of curriculum-related topics.
• For more information visit www.eureka.org.uk or call Nina Rogers on 01422 330069