Try this fabulous chai latte cake recipe developed by the Great British Bake Off contestant Chetna, using the wonderful Drink Me Spiced Chai Latte Powder
Clicking on the ingredients in the list will take you to the products on sumawholesale.com
For the cake
For the icing
To make the cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Butter and line 2 x 8 inch round cake tins with baking parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, ground almonds and baking powder.
- Beat the eggs into the butter mix one at a time, adding a spoonful of the flour mix after every egg. Now add the rest of the flour mix.
- In a small cup put the chai latte powder with the water and mix well. Add this chai latte to the cake mix with the milk.
- Now whisk it all together for a minute.
- Add the hazelnuts and fold them all in.
- Pour the mixture into the 2 prepared tins equally.
- Bake them for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack. Once cool remove them from the tin.
To make the icing
- In a large bowl whisk the butter and icing sugar.
- Now add the Spiced Chai latte powder and the milk.
- Whisk it well till it forms a lovely butter icing. The more you mix it the fluffier it will get.
To assemble the cake
- Place one cake on the serving plate. Put half the icing on top of it and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts on it.
- Now place the other cake on top and spread the remaining icing over it.
- Grate some chocolate on top of the cake and serve.