Home » News
Porridge of Champions
This delicious porridge is packed full of super healthy berries and seeds, and a carb blast that will keep you going forever and a day – possibly longer! Whether you are staying up until the small hours kicking every ball in the World Cup or pounding up the Yorkshire hills, in preparation for the Tour de France, this is the breakfast for you. Don’t be too rigid with the ingredients – you can be flexible with the fruit and the nuts that you add. It is really quick to make and will set you up for whatever your day has in store.
- 350ml of water and milk (or rice milk)
- 6 tablespoons oat porridge flakes (FX100)
- 3 table spoon quinoa (QS086)
- Blueberries (DR133)
- Omega Mix (NU288)
- Goji berries (DR055)
- Pinch Ground cinnamon (HE139)
- Pinch Ground ginger (HE145)
- Fresh vanilla pod (HE027)
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon Agave Syrup (LJ099)
- 1 tablespoons of low fat yoghurt
To make the porridge
- Bring the water and milk to the boil
- Add the flavoring and then add the porridge oat flakes, quinoa, blueberries and gojis.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes stirring frequently whilst preparing the banana.
- Mash all the ingredients for the puree.
- Serve a dollop of the banana purée on the porridge and sprinkle with fresh strawberries, chopped grapes or any other fruit you fancy.