Orange and Herb Pasta Salad
This recipe is taken from the Suma Childrens Cookbook, availiable in print for free by either adding BK079 to your next order, or emailing email@example.com and asking our customer information team to put one in the post to you. The delightful cookbook features wonderful illustrations by Helen Bridge, a mum and a Suma worker. All of the recipes are designed to be simple enough for children to cook themselves with an adults supervision. Happy cooking!
- 150g(6oz) pasta spirals
- 2 tbs Suma olive oil (GT084)
- 1 small orange – segmented
- juice of a small orange
- 1 red pepper – roasted
- 100g(3 1/2oz)mange tout – thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions – finely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber – diced
- 1 tbs fresh parsley – chopped
- 1 tbs fresh mint – chopped
- 1/2 cos lettuce
- Cook the pasta in boiling water, drain and allow to cool.
- Mix the olive oil and orange juice in a bowl, season to taste. Drain the pasta and stir in dressing while still warm.
- Roast the pepper in a little olive oil for about 30 mins, until charred. Allow to cool a little, skin, deseed and cut into strips. Arrange the lettuce leaves in a dish.
- Mix all the vegetables, orange segments and herbs with the pasta and spoon on top of the lettuce.