Suma Potato and Leek Soup (VF181)
December 19, 2014 – 12:46 pm | No Comment

It takes a lot of love to make a good soup.

Read the full story »
Brand

The Suma range of food and household products. Our products are sourced ethically, with the environment in mind.

Recipes

Delicious vegetarian recipes created in our very own Suma canteen. Healthy meals, and a healthy amount of cakes too.

Ethics

Environmental issues, sustainable business practices, climate change, recycling, green living and more.

News

New developments and activities at Suma, press releases, and updates we think you’ll be interested in.

Cooperation

Suma is the uk’s largest workers’ cooperative. We operate equal pay and are democratically run by our members.

Home » News

SOS – save our sausage

Submitted by on May 20, 2010 – 12:09 pm6 Comments

m1_lincolnshireSausagesMany of our customers have contacted us asking where the Cauldron Lincs Sausages have gone. Well… the short answer seems to be the Supermarket. After a take over by Premier Foods and a recipe re-formulation, the best before dates we are being offered are simply not long enough to see this product through the supply chain and into your fridges with enough date on them. This is as disapointing for us as it for you, we have worked with Cauldron for many years. We do however have other fresh and frozen alternatives in the range which we hope you’ll try instead.
Why not have a look at:

Real Eats

Real Eat Sausages

Taifun

Taifun Sausages

Wicken Fen

Wicken Fen Sausages

or encourage people to try Suma Sausage Mix, delicious with added fresh herbs and works brilliantly on the bbq.
Suma Sausage Mix
Ask our sales team for a single pack if you want to try a new variety with your next order. If you’d like to join our campaign to save the organic veggie sausage then leave us a comment……..

6 Comments »

• admin says:

Yes i tend to agree with you, a bit salty for my liking too.
    I much prefer our sausage mix, I have been adding lovage to the mix, which is rife on my allotment at the moment, really yummy.

• Ian Nicholls says:

I have been eating Cauldron Sausages for many years. I just tried their new recipe and they taste like a poor imitation, in fact exactly like the Tesco version. In my opinion you are better off without them. Well done Premier foods!

• The new Cauldron recipe is almost inedible anyway; you’re doing your customers a favour by not stocking them!

• Jackie King says:

I bought the new recipe Cauldron sausages and ate half of one and threw the rest away. Disgusting! I will be looking for a different brand. Why spoil something when it works perfectly well? I loved the old recipe!

• Phil B says:

The new Cauldron sausages are absolutely terrible. I used to eat them quite often but am now trying many different brands to find a new favourite… so far Dragonfly and Redwood are winning!

• Jay Q says:

I agree as well. The Cauldron sausages are really horrible now. Ate 1 and threw the rest away. Same goes for the marinated tofu – yuk!

Leave a comment!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: